I have something chocolate and delicious for you this morning.
Triple Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 scoop vanilla protein (I used )
- 1 scoop chocolate protein (I used )
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mash the bananas in a bowl. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Preheat a skillet or pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop 2-3 tbsp of the pancake batter onto the skillet, and cook five minutes on one side before flipping. Cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until firm.
- Serve with your favorite fruit, nut butter, or raw maple syrup.
There’s just nothing like making pancakes on a lazy Sunday morning at home, amiright? With Valentine’s Day right around the corner and on a Sunday this year, these pancakes are sure to make the perfect morning meal for you and your significant other. Or for you and the gals. Or even better, for someone else to make FOR you. 😉
I call these my triple chocolate protein pancakes because there are three different kinds of chocolate in them: chocolate whey protein powder, cacao powder, and cacao nibs. I like using cacao over cocoa when baking because cacao is essentially cocoa in its raw form before it’s processed, and it’s loaded with good for you things like antioxidants, magnesium, and iron.
I love these not only because who doesn’t like chocolate for breakfast, but because the protein content keeps me full long after eating them. Although I love pancakes, I don’t love ordering “regular” pancakes when out to eat because they don’t really fill me up! These ones definitely do though, and they have the texture of a regular pancake too. I find that a lot of protein pancake recipes out there tend to fall apart and not stick together well. These are different.
Hope you love ’em!