I recently had a reader request to post more recipes for healthy snacking, so that’s what I’m here to share with you today!
Roasted Chickpeas with Dijon Mustard
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1 pound of dried chickpeas (not canned)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar + a little extra
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl, cover with two inches of water, and soak overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain the chickpeas, pat dry, and then return them to your mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, olive oil, and about 1 tsp of salt. Mix well.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the chickpeas, and some salt and pepper to taste, and toss to combine.
- Spread the chickpeas on a baking sheet sprayed with coconut oil cooking spray, and roast until the chickpeas are a dark golden brown and crunchy. Make sure to toss every 20 minutes for about 1 hour.
- When done, remove the chickpeas from the oven and return them to the mixing bowl. Add a little more vinegar and more salt and pepper as desired.
This is a new favorite in our house! They are a great choice for when I’m craving something crunchy or salty, don’t necessarily feel like eating fruit or veggies, but don’t want to turn to crackers, pretzels, or chips. I portion them out by filling little snack baggies about half to three-quarters of the way full, and I find that it’s a good amount to satisfy any cravings. Hope you guys like them!
What are some of your go to healthy snacks to curb crunch or salt cravings? Ever made roasted chickpeas before?
P.S. Today I’m hosting a flash giveaway for all my local readers on my F&F Facebook page. It’s for a free one week trial of , which is perfect to help you save time during the busy holiday season. and enter to win!