New recipe post for you guys!
For , Uncle Chris asked me to bring an appetizer. In a recent , I linked to and said I knew what I was going to do with the extra phyllo dough just hanging out in my freezer. Stumbling upon this recipe was definitely timely!
- Frozen phyllo cups (two 15 count packages from Athens)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place phyllo cups on 2 baking sheets and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, season with salt and pepper, then sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, sauté for 30 more seconds, then transfer mixture to a large bowl and cool slightly.
- Add spinach, feta cheese, parsley, nutmeg, and egg (whisked) – then stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into phyllo cups, then bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cups are golden brown around the edges.
I knew the fam would gobble these right up. If you need a quick and easy app to bring to a party, this is it!
What’s your favorite “quick and easy” appetizer? Any traditional favorites (like spanakopita) that you’ve discovered an easier version of making?
Today is the first session of our new Stress Less seminar at work as part of the wellness program. I’ve put a ton of work into this presentation… wish me luck!