When I woke up this morning, I had only one thing on my mind.
Iced coffee. Stat. In my really cool “Listen First” cup from the Y training I attended a couple of months ago.
Then I realized I must have had two things on my mind, because I was craving pancakes. Badly.
Soon enough, this happened:
Whole Wheat Chia Seed Pancakes
Makes 8 pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- In a bowl, beat eggs and add the milk and oil
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt
- Slowly stir flour mixture into egg mixture, then add the agave and chia seeds. Stir until combined.
- Heat griddle or pan on stove, pour desired portions of pancake batter, then cook until the edges of pancakes start to bubble and the bottoms are light brown.
- Flip and cook until the centers are done, about 3-4 minutes.
- Top with toppings of your choice!!
I went with some lite syrup and additional chia seeds today. All up on this paper plate because our apartment is in shambles from everyone packing and moving.
These pancakes were thick and fluffy. I hate when pancakes come out too thin!
Also, the pumpkin pie spice added just the right amount of flavor. Yum.
Other pancake recipes that may be of interest:
Other morning cravings:
- A fun girls night tonight at new apartment
- Finally having a clean room
- August 25th (moving). Or August 31st (my birthday). Or September 5th ().
- My foam roller
- To be back in bed
What are you craving this morning?